New Theatre Royal, Portsmouth – Ticket purchase full terms and conditions
By purchasing a ticket by telephone, in person over the counter, via the website (including Print at Home tickets), or via an authorised New Theatre Royal agency, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
By placing your order, you warrant that all details you provide to us for the purpose of booking, ordering or purchasing goods or services are correct, that the credit or debit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the ticket or service. If there are any changes to the details supplied by you it is your responsibility to inform us.
All tickets are subject to availability. Terms of Admittance
- We reserve the right to refuse admission refuse admission or eject in reasonable circumstances such as rowdy, nuisance or violent behaviour without refund.
- For the safety of performers and to minimise disruption, latecomers may not be admitted until a suitable break in the performance. Late admission is dependent on each production and for some productions if the company feels that late admission will cause too much of a disruption you may not be admitted into the auditorium. Please note that in the case of Minghella Studio and StageHouse events, admission may involve you walking across the performance space so in nearly all cases late admission is unlikely.
- Leaders of youth groups (including school parties) are responsible for the conduct of their party. The New Theatre Royal accepts no responsibility for the supervision of young people in your care. You must ensure that adequate numbers of supervisory staff accompany the group. The group or some of them will be asked to leave the theatre if the performers or audience are disturbed.
- We reserve the right to reseat people should the need arise.
- Pushchairs, Prams and Mobility Scooters will not be admitted into the auditorium and are left at the owner’s risk.
- No audio or visual recording equipment is allowed. Any person found with these may be asked to leave the venue and the recorded material may be destroyed. If you would like to visit the venue to take photographs of our architecture, please speak to one the Front of House or Box Office Team.
- By purchasing a ticket, the ticket holder consents to being shown as members of the audience in official filming, photography and sound recording, for instance if the performance is to be televised at a later date.
- All children under 12 must be accompanied by a full paying adult while in the theatre (unless with a school group booking).
- Babes in Arms – Tickets are required even for babies under 18 months; a £1 administration fee may apply.
- There may be age restrictions or guidance on specific shows. Where an age guidance for a performance is given, this is the lowest age for which the company suggests their production is suitable. If you would like more information on age suitability for a specific performance, speak to our Box Office team on 023 9264 9000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We reserve the right to make alterations to the published programme and/or cast for reasons beyond its control and cannot guarantee the appearance of any named artist.
Special Offers and Discounts
- Only one discount is available per ticket and proof of eligibility may be required to collect any discounted tickets.
- A special offer will not apply to tickets already booked and are not applicable retrospectively.
- New Theatre Royal, Portsmouth, reserve the right to withdraw or change the terms of any special offers without notice. We also reserve the right to withdraw an offer/discount/promotion at any time.
Refunds and Exchanges
- Once purchased, tickets are non-refundable except in the case of a cancelled event. Please check tickets carefully, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
- If an event has been cancelled, the following options will be available to you:
- Exchange purchased tickets for another performance of the same event.
- Exchange purchased tickets for another performance at the New Theatre Royal, Portsmouth.
- Full refund for tickets and other related items included in the order.
- If you are unable to attend a performance, at the discretion of the Box Office, we will endeavour to resell your tickets on your behalf. Tickets will be accepted to offer for re-sale on the strict understanding that New Theatre’s unsold tickets will be sold first. This re-sale service is offered subject to your acceptance that New Theatre does not guarantee that any ticket offered for re-sale will find a new purchaser. If a buyer cannot be found, we will not be able to process your refund.
- Tickets are not for re-sale for profit. Any tickets found for sale in internet sites will be forfeited, the tickets void, and no refund will be given.
- At the discretion of the Box Office, we will replace lost or destroyed tickets free of charge.
- We are happy to make ticket exchanges as long as these are made up to 48 hours before a production and is only available for the same production or event. Exchanges to other performances at the New Theatre Royal are made at the discretion of the Box Office and cannot be guaranteed.
- When exchanging tickets: if the new ticket price exceeds the cost of the original order, the remaining cost will have to be paid. If the new tickets are cheaper, the exchange is made with the understanding that the New Theatre Royal cannot refund the difference.
Fees and Levy’s
- All ticket prices include a Restoration Levy and Booking Fee (equivalent of 6%). These are applied to all purchased tickets.
- Items for postage will be charged £1.50 per order to send tickets out by mail.
- When making a booking with New Theatre Royal, Portsmouth, your personal information will be stored on the Box Office computer system. By making a booking you consent to your personal information being stored in accordance with the Data Protection Acts. You will be asked if this information may be used:
- To keep you informed about forthcoming productions or developments at the New Theatre Royal;
- To the producer of the show you have booked to see or to other arts organisations for a similar purpose;
- by other carefully selected non-arts organisations for further information which may be of interest to you.
- When booking, please indicate which options are acceptable to you. This will enable us to process your personal information in accordance with your wishes.
- Customer booking information (excluding credit card details) may be shared with external agencies for the purpose of analysis. The New Theatre Royal will take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of data within this process.
- The New Theatre Royal is committed to complying with the Data Protection Act (2018) and the GDPR Regulations (implemented in May 2018) upholding the principles of good information handling procedures.
New Theatre Royal, 20-24 Guildhall Walk, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO1 2DD
The New Theatre Royal Trustees (Portsmouth) Limited is a registered charity no. 271976 and is a company limited by guarantee and registered in London, No.1266053. Registered office 20-24 Guildhall Walk, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO1 2DD.