New Theatre Royal Coronavirus update – January 2022
We can’t wait to welcome you to our theatre
In line with current guidance from the Government on Coronavirus, the following measures will now be in place at our theatre.
- Face coverings are mandatory and must be worn throughout the venue except while you are eating/drinking or if you are medically exempt. Children under the age of 11 do not need to wear a face covering.
- As we are a seated venue, you do not need to show an NHS Covid Pass to attend any of our events
Wearing a face covering helps to protect other guests, our staff and the cast and crew of our shows. Our team will be on hand to politely remind everybody about wearing a face covering. Please remember to be kind and considerate during your visit; our only aim is to ensure you have an excellent time while day out and to provide you and your family with a safe and magical panto experience.
We ask all patrons to book their tickets in advance, so we can minimise any queuing and points of contact during your visit.
If you or someone in your party is feeling unwell or have any symptoms, please DO NOT come to the theatre. Please can you email the box office on email@example.com with details of your booking, so they can discuss your tickets with you.
Before your visit
- All tickets must be bought in advance and will be scanned at the entrance so please either print these out at home or have them on your smartphone with the QR code clearly visible.
- Your tickets will have been emailed to you in advance of the show.
When you arrive at the venue
- We would ask that you travel light and do not bring large bags with you.
- Hand sanitising will be in place, for your safety.
- NHS Track and Trace QR codes will be available for you to check in when you are at the venue.
- The wearing of face coverings throughout your visit to the venue is mandatory, for the safety of our staff and other customers.
- Our Ushers will continue to wear face coverings for your protection.
- Bars will be open for purchases of alcoholic beverages, refreshments (sweets, soft drinks and ice creams) pre-show and during the interval. Please be considerate of those around you.
- We encourage card payments where necessary.
During your visit
- Wearing of a face covering is mandatory (unless exempt) for your own safety and that of others around you.
- We ask that you keep movement around the theatre to a minimum.
- Toilets will be open for use throughout the performance. Please wash your hands thoroughly.
- Enhanced cleaning will take place throughout the venue before, during and after the performance
- The taking of photographs or videos during the performance is NOT permitted.
Exiting the building/event at the end of the performance?
- When leaving, please head out of the exit doors indicated by the Venue Ushers. Please do not try to join a friend and leave together, you can meet again outside.
- Please take all of your rubbish with you.
Remember – Please be considerate to our staff and to those around you.