The Team at New Theatre Royal are very excited to be able to welcome you into our beautiful historic venue. However, we do have some guidance that we are still following to enable us to keep both you as our patrons, and our staff as safe as possible.
We ask all patrons to book their tickets in advance, so we can minimise any queuing and points of contact during your visit.
If you or someone in your party is feeling unwell or have any symptoms, please DO NOT come to the theatre. Please can you email the box office on firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your booking, so they can discuss your tickets with you.
Before your visit
- All tickets must be bought in advance and will be scanned at the entrance so please either print these out at home or have them on your smartphone with the QR code clearly visible.
- Your tickets will have been emailed to you in advance of the show.
When you arrive at the venue
- We would ask that you travel light and do not bring large bags with you.
- Hand sanitising will be in place, for your safety.
- NHS Track and Trace QR codes will be available for you to check in when you are at the venue.
- We strongly recommend that customers use face coverings throughout your visit to the venue for the safety of our staff and other customers. Please be considerate to others.
- Our Ushers will continue to wear face coverings for your protection.
- Bars will be open for purchases of alcoholic beverages, refreshments (sweets, soft drinks and ice creams) pre-show and during the interval. Please be considerate of those around you.
- We encourage card payments where necessary.
During your visit
- Please continue to wear your face covering throughout your visit.
- We ask you to keep movement around the theatre to a minimum.
- Toilets will be open for use throughout the performance. Please wash your hands thoroughly.
- Enhanced cleaning will take place throughout the venue before, during and after the performance
- The taking of photographs or videos during the performance is NOT permitted.
Exiting the building/event at the end of the performance?
- When leaving, please head out of the exit doors indicated by the Venue Ushers. Please do not try to join a friend and leave together, you can meet again outside.
- Please take all of your rubbish with you.
Remember – Please be considerate to our staff and to those around you.