We are delighted to announce the launch of EVOLVE, an Esmée Fairbairn Foundation funded inclusive arts consortium between New Theatre Royal, Aspex Gallery and Portsmouth Cultural Trust.
EVOLVE is a pilot project which aims to address a lack of inclusive arts and cultural provision for children, young people and adults in Portsmouth and surrounding areas. We especially welcome people on the Autistic spectrum.
It will also aim to provide inclusive opportunities for people of all ages to engage with high-quality artwork, engaging a range of art forms from visual arts, to performance & music, following a creative case for diversity.
We are grateful for the generous support from the Esmée Fairbairn Foundation – which aims to improve the quality of life for people and communities across the UK, both now and in the future. New Theatre Royal are happy to be working alongside Flow Observatorium which is assisting us on Neurodiversity and creativity.
The ambitious project will include events and workshops held at Aspex, Gunwharf Quays, New Theatre Royal, Guildhall Walk; and the Portsmouth Guildhall. Participants will have the opportunity to learn a range of new skills, including digital music and video production, puppet-making, ceramics, theatre and performance skills, craft making and drawing, creative writing and much more.
New Theatre Royal will be hosting the following workshops over the course of 2016 with more to be added throughout the year.
Information on relaxed and signed performances will be available at email@example.com
- Saturday 7 May – Storytelling workshops at 11am – 12.30pm & 1.30pm – 3pm
- Saturday 6 August – Logical Nonsence – family workshops with NTR Creative Lab Associates Filskit Theatre at 11am – 12.30pm & 1.30pm – 3pm
- Saturday 5 November – Bonfire Storytelling workshops at 11am – 12.30pm & 1.30pm – 3pm
- Wednesday 1 June – Mystical folkstories – storytelling workshop from 10am to 4pm
- Tuesday 2 to Thursday 4 August (3 days) – Portsmouth Stories – summer holiday workshops with NTR Creative Lab Associates Filskit Theatre from 10am to 4pm
- Wednesday 26 October – Accessible Dance workshop led by StopGap Dance Company from 10am to 3pm
- Thursday 14 April – Dance to communicate – Led by Donna Bish from 6.30pm to 8.30pm
For more information on any of these exciting workshops above, or to book your place, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org