About the event
Join us for the opening event of Festival of the Sea 2020.
More than 8 million tonnes of plastic enter our seas each year, breaking down into microplastics- an environmental scourge of our times. Join us for the opening event of Festival of the Sea 2020. A powerful call to arms for everyone, young and old, to make a difference to the plastic pandemic. Hear from our world-class expert speakers, download our new plastics app, and leave tooled up to make a difference.
Don’t miss Portsmouth’s environmental event of the year.
Our speakers include:
- Lucy Siegle – Journalist (The Observer), broadcaster (The One Show, Good Morning Britain) and author (Turning the Tide on Plastic)
- David Jones – Environmentalist, researcher and founder of Just One Ocean
- Natalie Fee – Campaigner (City to Sea) and author (How to save the world for free)
- Jessica Hickle – Plastics and sustainability programme, the Environment Agency
- Geoff Holt – Sailor, speaker and founder of Wetwheels
The Problem with Plastic is presented by the New Theatre Royal, Company of Makers, the Makers Guild, and Hack Pompey.
The Problem With Plastic Fringe
To accompany our main event, the New Theatre Royal plays host to a range of workshops, films and displays, all designed to tool you up with the information needed on plastics and how we can all make a difference. Featuring both local and national experts and organisations, and all for free!
THU 13 FEB | 4PM – 6PM | Main House & Minghella Studio
Recommend The Problem With Plastic (and what to do about it) to a friend via email
Simply enter your name and email address, your friend's name and email address and a short message, then click send. We will email them a link to this page for you.