We aim to make any visit by your school as smooth and enjoyable as possible. You will be assigned a specific liaison officer for your trip that can, if required, visit your school before you come. If you have students with Special Needs, we will endeavor to make extra provision to enable them to get as much as possible from their trip.
Please note the New Theatre Royal does not provide Risk Assessments for your visit unless you have pre-arranged for this with your liaison officer.
Arriving at the theatre
- We suggest you aim to arrive 30 minutes before the advertised start time in order to locate your seats and any other facilities.
- Latecomers, for most performances, will be admitted at a suitable break. If you arrive after this point you may be asked to wait.
In the auditorium
- Do not take food and drink into the auditorium.
- Please ensure your group sits in the correct seats. The row and seat number are printed on each ticket. Teachers should seat themselves amongst the group and, if possible, at the ends of rows.
- Please remind your group that disturbances or noise, however small, can be distracting for other members of the audience, as well as the actors. Check that mobile phones, MP3 players, etc are turned off.
NTR has Full wheelchair access and aims, whenever possible to provide:
- Relaxed Performances
- Touch tours of the stage and actors for visually-impaired children
- BSL-interpreted performances
- Printed and audio copies of the scripts performed
- Synopses of the performances
Our Creative Learning team are continually creating schools resource packs and are available to deliver workshops on a wide variety of topics
All NTR’s workshops are conducted by a fully qualified drama teacher. We offer sessions suitable for Key Stages 1 to 4 and G.C.S.E, A Level, GNVQ and BTEC Theatre Studies syllabuses.
NTR is committed to empowering young voices, facilitating learning and expression and to the use of Drama to increase self-esteem and personal development. All of our projects are designed in consultation with our clients to ensure enjoyable and successful workshops.